Annual maintenance on a central air conditioner at the end of the season is important as it saves money by increasing the efficiency of the air conditioning unit and preventing breakdowns. A typical maintenance check-up of an air conditioner should include…
1. Check the thermostat settings to ensure that the cooling system keeps the home comfortable and saves energy while residents are away.
2. Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operations of the system.
3. Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction and increase the electricity used.
4. Inspect the condensate drain in the central air conditioner. A plugged drain can cause water damage and affect indoor humidity levels.
5. Check controls on the system to ensure proper and safe operation.
6. Monitor the air conditioner refrigerant level and adjust if necessary.
7. Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow.
If you are not comfortable performing these steps, give us a call.
We have been In business for more than a decade and we specializes in air conditioners. With a reputation for quality, outstanding customer service, and professional technicians, Ashton Heating and Cooling has everything needed to maintain any air conditioner unit and give you the piece of mind that when the sun is shining, so is the condition of your air conditioner.
Ashton Heating and Cooling offers a wide variety of service plans and packages for your air conditioners and furnaces. We can help make sure your home comfort appliances are running in peak condition to help save you money on energy costs.
Ashton Heating and Cooling has decades of experience with the installation, service, and maintenance of gas fireplaces, oil furnaces, gas furnaces, air conditioners, tankless hot water heaters, and more! We also provide duct cleaning, furnace cleaning, air conditioner cleaning, and gas fireplace cleaning. Ashton Heating and Cooling is a proud to offer industry-leading brands including Amana heating and cooling systems, Navien water heaters, Rinnai water heaters, and Continental fireplaces. Contact us for prompt, friendly, professional service including 24/7 emergency repair services to your door! We provide onsite service to all of Durham Region.
Air Conditioner Servicing
Choosing the Right Furnace
Gas Line Installation